May 19, 2011

To Sir With Love

My past caught me, yet again. I still remember the day that my father whacked me left and right for not doing stuffs mom asked me to do. Things was terrible, at least that’s how I felt during those days. As time goes by, and by the time I’m having my very own children, then only I could understand why whacking and walloping is sometimes required. Those days I would never lie. I just don’t dare at all. If dad require me to tell the truth, I would just do that without hesitation. Thou whacking and walloping will still be there as part of punishment, at least dad will feel relief. I do too. This in a way contributed in making me a person with trust and confidence.

Yesterday night, I did the same as what my dad did to me. But Amin, he just lied consistently. The worst part is he was not even know how to lie. I’m having mixed feeling of embittered and frustrated. Rotan is law and law will be there to guide you. But nobody will be able to enforce a law on you unless you do wrong. Correct?

I’ve spent 13 years of my life raising children and now I’ve a bit concern on their future. I really could not alternatively provide or decide what would be their pathway; I do not even have a clue.

Aku pun rasanya tak pernah tahu kemana hala tuju hinggalah selepas SPM. Cuma nasibku agak baik. Jiran sebelah rumah mencadangkan ITM berdasarkan keputusan peperiksaan aku yang tak berapa nak berwarna terbang (flying color). Dia dapat 8A, yang pada tahun 1989 tu antara keputusan terbaik sepanjang zaman. So aku follow… Tapi keinginan dan kesungguhan untuk mendapatkan ilmu aka life long learning membawa aku sampai ke sini. Seperti yang aku ada kini. Dan semua ini untuk mereka jua.

If you wanted the sky I would write across the sky in letters,
That would soar a thousand feet high,

If you wanted the moon I would try to make a start,
But I, would rather you let me give my heart,
To Sir, with Love..

P/s - Teringat kisah rookie teacher 'Sir Thackeray' lakonan Sidney Poitier dalam To Sir With Love,





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...